So, how has your summer gone??? A bit like this eh?
We start the summer out with Dallin joining the swim team in Riverton. It's a year round team that practices long course (meters) in the summer. He and a friend (Nathan) are swimming to get in shape for football which starts in Aug. The swimming is tough but well worth it. Oh the days, I remember swimming long course and just loving every minute. And did I mention that the practice starts at 6am? That means mom has to get up at 5:40 to take dear Dallin. Oh yea, that's being a good mom.
Next, Sierra goes to Girls Camp!
Her very first adventure with the Young women of the Autumn Hills ward. She was hesitant to go, but in the end, had a wonderful time. She came back wanting to play all the fun camp games, like BIG BOOTIE and sing the silly camp songs. Oh the favorite song to teach Hyrum was Weenie man. That gets the laughs all around.
We start the summer out with Dallin joining the swim team in Riverton. It's a year round team that practices long course (meters) in the summer. He and a friend (Nathan) are swimming to get in shape for football which starts in Aug. The swimming is tough but well worth it. Oh the days, I remember swimming long course and just loving every minute. And did I mention that the practice starts at 6am? That means mom has to get up at 5:40 to take dear Dallin. Oh yea, that's being a good mom.
Next, Sierra goes to Girls Camp!
Dallin, Shawn and Nickolaus and Nathan (friends from work) went on their own High Adventure backpacking trip into the Unitas because they are going to miss out on theirs due to football. I guess you just don't mess with football. They planned a great trip into the heart of the Unitas. If you know the area, they started at
The Triathlon, at Echo canyon, for Weeze was something else. Great triathlon, lots of people, excitement, Shawn was there with signs from the kids, and of course, I got a Flat TIRE!!!! So my overall results were I placed last in my age group, and 80th out of 97 women. That sound really bad. Well, let me tweak the picture. Actually, it was going great. I was the 4th women out of the water, 1st in my age group. Had a funny swim because I took off my wetsuit half way during the swim and handed it to



2 comments:
Good for you cuz on getting through that triathlon!
One could argue that your story was a methaphor for life. Just when you think life was going just great and you're running first - BAM! - a flat tire and you debate whether to finish or not.
That is what defines the winners from the others - they choose to keep going and finish. Thanks for the life lesson today :)
love ya
You go girl! A triathlon?! You are wonder-woman. I am so glad Sierra had fun at girl's camp, I remember those days fondly. I can't wait for my daughters to go!!!
Post a Comment