This is offically the longest hike the kids have ever been on! It took us 3:45 up to Emrald Lake. We wanted to keep it a happy hike and not sucky so we enjoyed the lake for and hour then hiked back down...for our victory treat at the gas station! We also took a friend on the hike. It is actually Shawn's boss's son Brendan. Dallin had to stay home and have an 8 hour football practice! And he hiked it 2 years ago for the hiking merit badge...the 20 miler. They had to go to the bomber to make it a 20 miler. We all had a great hiking day! And I didn't even loose my toenails! One was already gone!
Samuel, he was motivated by the candy I brought. If he doesn't have to carry anything, he can hike.
Hyrum and my sweet Sierra who doesn't like hiking, but will come under pressure. She can hike fine, she just doesn't really like it. NExt year, we are going to the top so she can have that "I've been to the top of that mountain" feeling.









1 comment:
I'm with Sierra. I don't like it because of my back issues. But I go for my boys and they like it. Looks fun.
Post a Comment