CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Give me those sad eyes Rascal











Well, how does this go?




Rascal has found a new home. With much thought and sacrafice on the kids part and mine, we now will have a much happier Daddy and in the end, a much happier Rascal. He departed this afternoon at 2pm back to Idaho...kinda funny--Nampa, ID. Close to his orgin. He is going to a 14 year old who is dog crazy and is ready to spoil him with love. And let his sleep in her bed and just be loved to death. That's the only way I was going to let him go...not the pound. So, just keep Dallin, me and Sierra in your doggie thoughts and we will all be good. And Shawn isn't evil here everyone, he has struggled with the dog for years and when I was in a threatening mood it went like this, "Fine, toss him out now!!!" Well, we talked and talked and he didn't want to be the bad guy in the kids eyes, ( I was already ok with him going to a new home, I needed a happy Shawn). So he was like, "Don't get rid of him if all they want is another dog..." Shawn is climbing Mt. Borah now in Idaho and I told him before he left that Rascal may not be here when he come home. He was still thinking if this was the best thing...it is. Just accept the sacrifice and we will all be good.




Oh pets, man, they are cute, you try and train them, they disobey, they come back for love, and then in the end, you cry when they leave.




We're good, but this is a bit hard.




6 comments:

Lisa said...

They have a way of working their way into your heart.

Lora Gooch said...

Oh poor Weeze. I thought you were allergic to dogs? Or was that cats? We have had to put down 2 dogs and it's a sad day.

Hazen5 said...

Ohhh, I don't envy you one bit! I know you will miss him but, not miss the "training"!! I am sure he will be happy in his new home.

April said...

Bye Bye Rascal...grandma is crying...those little fur balls get to all of us. I think that is how it was intended. Here is a hug from all of us. Sorry for the loss.

Sarah said...

I feel your pain Weeze. OUr dog of 9.5 years died right after Thanksgiving, we had to make that decision for her...verry sadd. I will keep your family in my prayers.

KCK said...

Your kids are getting so big! Sorry to hear about Rascal--glad he's going to a good home though. Miss you guys!