CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

IRONMAN 70.3

Here we are Pre-race at Beck's home in Meridian. And it's only 10 am. The Ironman had a unique start of 2pm this year. Wonderful because I didn't have to get a cracking at the crack a dawn! And that water at Lucky peak was much warmer at 2pm.





So here's the scoop, the family didn't see me swim because it wasn't too spectator friendly, they closed down the highway for 4 hours so they saw me at rainy bike to run transition, or T2 in tri language. The swim went in age group waves, starting out with the pros, then on down the line. My wave started at 2:25. I swam it in 39.12 and fought through rough water. Upon exiting the water, they have these wetsuit strippers that will help you off with your suit because it's always quite comical to see you struggle to get it off your feet by yourself. Well, I picked this biggest guy in the line and he yanked that suit off me so fast, I'm surprised my shorts didn't come with it. I stood there kinda stunned and then laughed. Then on to the bike. My transitions times were fast, only 4 min to get on the bike from the swim. Then jam down a powerbar and off for the 56 mile bike ride.....in the rain. Oh, and not a little rain. My face was full of road splash for 56 miles, and mostly from the guys. I passed only the older women who went before me in the water. All in all, I rode my training pace and came in with a 3:10 very pleased. There were several hills and lots of stupid fast bikers but it went smooth with no flats or trauma.


Here I am passing the family as I start my 13.1 run. Why am I so happy, because I'll be done in 2 hours or less! And it's still raining, but it's that refreshing type.


The time listed here is the overall start time for everyone, I had to subtract 25 min, for my grand overall time of 5:47.23!!!


I went under my goal of 6:30 and placed 471 out of 1200 overall and I placed 12th in my age group out of 73. And now I'm glad it's done. Afterwards, I felt not completely wiped out but great. Very glad I did it.














5 comments:

Sarah said...

Weeze you are sooo awesome, such in inspiration to us all! Way to go.

maeg said...

Weeze! You totally ROCK!!! Congrats! Tell Boise hi for me :-)

Lora Gooch said...

You didn't feel totally exhausted but Great? Are you the bionic woman and we just didn't know it?

Ron and Cheryl Pierce said...

You go girl! I didn't know that you participated in that. To bad the weather was so crappy for you. I wish we could have seen you, but maybe next time!

Hazen5 said...

Seriously SO proud of you! I can't even swim for 20 minutes.