CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Memorial Day WEEKEND OF FUN!!!

Wow, this has been one our families more favorite holidays this year! All we did was have a GREAT TIME! Our fabulous weekend started out with a great neighbourhood BBQ and I had all April's kids too. We were doing a cousin sleepover and this time the girls came down for some fun as well. And all the neighborhood people were wondering where these new additions were coming from, seeing that we has had an run-in with a neighborhood boy as well. All went just swimmingly. And I talked for 2 hours with someone I didn't really know before that night. Great fun.




Then Sat. at 7AM we were all off to Waterfall Canyon in Ogden to hike up to the falls. And I think everyone in Ogden had that same idea. The parking at the top of 29th was all over the place. Us and about 200 Ogdenites joined us on our fabulous hike. I got to be in charge of Virginia who proceeded to touch every rock on the trail...on or off the trail. I finally stopped the redirecting and just held onto her hand. And that trail isn't as long as I remembered it. My dad came as well, which I was glad, seeing that we needed at least one adult with the front runners on the trail. And the Falls were a flowing. Dallin, Hyrum, and Kellis got chilled in the spray trying to have their picnic on the other side of the falls. My Hyrum was the only one to kiss a rock with his forehead. Poor guy. Well, afterwards, we had another fabulous BBQ provided by Grandma Sue, and swimming at the pool at April's . Wonderful day.

We follow Saturday's events with a completed basement from the Shawn who now is totally glad that he can be involved with other things other than the basement. Shawn's brother Jared and Carolyn, Ashlee and Brooklyn came for a visit. We busted out the dutch ovens and had another feast! The girls are so cute and we haven't seen them forever. Well, I haven't. Shawn and Dallin were all buddies with them because they say them in April when they went dirt biking. We had a great time with the Jared's showing them the Mine, and slide rock and Timp. cave.
Us waiting at the cave enterance.
Shawn inside the cave.

We now have officially kicked off the summer activites!

1 comment:

Hazen5 said...

Fun, Fun, Fun... that's all you ever have!