CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

This is what happens when you walk away!


Well, yes, when you have 2 burners on, trying to cook sunday dinner for 12, life is a bit out of control. So, I ran out of salt, left the cookbook on the burner that was not "on", then turned "on" the back burner and went downstairs for the salt. I hear this, "mom"...................................."mom"...........................
"I'm downstairs"
"mom"......................................."mom"............................
Ahhh, I'm getting the salt
"mom"......................................"mom".............................
I"M DOWNSTAIRS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OK WHAT!
so I do upstairs to flames under the cookbook!
"AHHHH THE COOKBOOK IS ON FIRE!!!!!"
Shawn ripped it off the stove. and all the windows opened.
So, we had a lesson on fire saftey. First, if there is a fire, please yell, "FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" that will get my attention lots more than, "mom"
Second, do you all know where the fire extinguisher is, and how to use it?
ok,
wheeew!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Huge potential disaster averted! Yikes!

Lora Gooch said...

Ah I had to laugh at that one! I can totally see you doing that Weeze!! Yelling "mom" is just too redundant is it not? :)

April said...

Weeze. We are rubbing off on you! Nice save. I agree...FIRE should be yelled. Mom?? hummm I think I would have started to hide in the food pantry and then eventually would have died from the FIRE...we love our families.
April